Tiffin in Seneca County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
This Tree Marks
The Site of Old Fort Ball
Built in 1813 by Order of
Erected 1906 by Dolly Todd Madison Chapter, Daughters of American Revolution.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Forts and Castles • War of 1812.
Location. 41° 7.044′ N, 83° 10.729′ W. Marker is in Tiffin, Ohio, in Seneca County. Marker is on Frost Parkway west of North Monroe Street, on the right when traveling west. The marker is located on the north side of a roadway, that runs along the northeast side of the Sandusky River. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 135 Frost Parkway, Tiffin OH 44883, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Camp Ball (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Tiffin Train Depot / Mad River and Lake Erie Railroad (about 500 feet away); Founding of Tiffin (about 500 feet away); Rezin W. Shawhan & the Seneca County Museum (approx. 0.2 miles away); State's First Female LawyersEarly Electric Illumination, 1884 (approx. 0.3 miles away); Camp Noble (approx. half a mile away); St. Joseph Catholic Church (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tiffin.
More about this marker. The marker is a plaque that is affixed to the northeast side of a very large broad leaf tree, about ten feet from the ground. The tree is on the north side of the street, by itself, between the street curb and the sidewalk, with a black iron fence surrounding the tree.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 6, 2017. It was originally submitted on June 6, 2017, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 233 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 6, 2017, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.