Elma in Erie County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Elma Town Museum
Built by C.W. Hurd, 1846.
Home of the first town meeting, 1857.
Moved in 1873 next to church.
Became the parsonage 1929.
Given to the Elma Historical Society 1984.
Moved to present site 1895.
Dedicated to Town of Elma, NY 1988.
Restored, opened to public September 1991.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical month for this entry is September 1991.
Location. 42° 51.061′ N, 78° 38.39′ W. Marker is in Elma, New York, in Erie County. Marker can be reached from Bowen Road, 0.1 miles north of Cemetery Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3011 Bowen Road, Elma NY 14059, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Elma Village Mill (within shouting distance of this marker); Big Flats (within shouting distance of this marker); 1844 Springbrook Mill Gear Assembly (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Elma Centre (approx. 1.7 miles away); Blossom (approx. 2.7 miles away); Spring Brook Lewis Northrup (approx. 3 miles away); Our Men Who Made the Supreme Sacrifice (approx. 3.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Elma.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 6, 2017. It was originally submitted on June 6, 2017, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 176 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 6, 2017, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.