Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Port Gibson in Claiborne County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
 

Claiborne County Courthouse

— Port Gibson Historic Tour —

 
 
Claiborne County Courthouse Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Mark Hilton, May 26, 2017
1. Claiborne County Courthouse Marker
Inscription.  
Market Street at Orange. 1845
Beaux-Arts Classicism. The
original two-story brick court-
house was constructed in 1845.
The Confederate Monument occu-
pies a small portion of the site
of the original Greek Revival jail.

 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: ArchitectureNotable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1845.
 
Location. 31° 57.727′ N, 90° 59.032′ W. Marker is in Port Gibson, Mississippi, in Claiborne County. Marker is at the intersection of Market Street and Orange Street, on the right when traveling south on Market Street. Located in front of the Claiborne County Courthouse. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 410 Market Street, Port Gibson MS 39150, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Claiborne County (here, next to this marker); Lightfoot Park (within shouting distance of this marker); The Port Gibson Boycott (within shouting distance of this marker); Planter's Hotel (within shouting distance of this marker); Lil Green
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Baptist M.B. Church (about 400 feet away); Commercial Buildings (about 500 feet away); The Bernheimer Complex (about 800 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Port Gibson.
 
Claiborne County Courthouse image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Mark Hilton, May 26, 2017
2. Claiborne County Courthouse
Marker is just to left of staircase.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 13, 2017. It was originally submitted on June 13, 2017, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 321 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on June 13, 2017, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=104339

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 19, 2024