Statesboro in Bulloch County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Bulloch County Courthouse
has placed this property on the
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
Location. 32° 26.975′ N, 81° 46.993′ W. Marker is in Statesboro, Georgia, in Bulloch County. Marker is on North Main Street (U.S. 301) near Courtland Street, on the right when traveling north. At the west entrance of the courthouse. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1 Courtland St, Statesboro GA 30458, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Bulloch County (here, next to this marker); Statesboro Buggy and Wagon Company (a few steps from this marker); The March to the Sea (a few steps from this marker); Corner of Banking (within shouting distance of this marker); Statesboro Confederate Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); First Three Story Brick Building (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Bulloch County Veterans Memorial (about 300 feet away); The Bank of Statesboro (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Statesboro.
Regarding Bulloch County Courthouse. National Register of Historic Places:
Bulloch County Courthouse (added 1980 - - #80000978)
Courthouse Sq. , Statesboro
♦ Historic Significance: Architecture/Engineering, Event
♦ Architect, builder, or engineer: Hosford & Co., Bruce & Morgan
♦ Architectural Style: Classical Revival, Queen Anne
♦ Area of Significance: Economics, Law, Politics/Government, Architecture, Communications
♦ Period of Significance: 1900-1924, 1875-1899
♦ Owner: Local
♦ Historic Function: Government
♦ Current Function: Government
Credits. This page was last revised on June 12, 2020. It was originally submitted on August 19, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,312 times since then and 47 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 19, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.