Lockney in Floyd County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
The J. A. Baker Store
After frame building burned, this structure was erected 1914.
Erected 1971 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 5361.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical month for this entry is July 1890.
Location. 34° 7.408′ N, 101° 26.508′ W. Marker is in Lockney, Texas, in Floyd County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street and College Street, on the right when traveling south on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 200 Main Street, Lockney TX 79241, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least First Methodist Church of Lockney (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); John Ellison Burns (about 700 feet away); First Baptist Church of Lockney (about 800 feet away); Della Plain (approx. 7.8 miles away); Trinity Lutheran Church (approx. 9.4 miles away); Bellview Community and School (approx. 10 miles away); Commercial Hotel (approx. 11.3 miles away); Dolphin Ward Floyd (approx. 11.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lockney.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 21, 2017. It was originally submitted on June 21, 2017, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 263 times since then and 54 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 21, 2017, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.