Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Cambridge in Guernsey County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

The First Methodist Church

 
 
The First Methodist Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By J. J. Prats, May 15, 2007
1. The First Methodist Church Marker
Inscription.  Here the first Methodist Church was organized, 1808, in the home of Thomas Sarchet, leader of the original settlers from the Island of Guersey.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & ReligionSettlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1808.
 
Location. 40° 1.494′ N, 81° 35.496′ W. Marker is in Cambridge, Ohio, in Guernsey County. Marker is at the intersection of Wheeling Avenue and 7th Street, on the right when traveling west on Wheeling Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 703 Wheeling Avenue, Cambridge OH 43725, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Cambridge (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Tingle Tavern (about 300 feet away); Robert T. Secrest (about 400 feet away); Guernsey Civil War Memorial (about 500 feet away); Representatives in the United States Congress who Were Residents of Guernsey County (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cambridge.
 
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
The Broom Building image. Click for full size.
Photographed By J. J. Prats, May 15, 2007
2. The Broom Building
Marker is to the left of the entrance to 703 Wheeling Avenue in this Itialianate style building that once housed a college, built circa 1892.
Dedication plaque on the left side of the front door image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Craig Doda, October 21, 2022
3. Dedication plaque on the left side of the front door
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on October 28, 2022. It was originally submitted on May 26, 2007, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. This page has been viewed 1,284 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on May 26, 2007, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio.   3. submitted on October 28, 2022, by Craig Doda of Napoleon, Ohio.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=1047

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
U.S. FTC REQUIRED NOTICE: This website earns income from purchases you make after using links to Amazon.com. Thank you.
Paid Advertisements
Feb. 24, 2024