Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Ciudad Colonial in Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional, Dominican Republic — Caribbean Region of the Americas (Hispaniola, Greater Antilles, West Indies)
 

The Church and Convent of Regina Angelorum

 
 
The Church and Convent of Regina Angelorum Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By J. Makali Bruton, May 1, 2017
1. The Church and Convent of Regina Angelorum Marker
Inscription.  
Iglesia y Convento de Regina Angelorum
Su construcción data de la segunda mitad del siglo XVI, finalizada a principios del siglo XVIII. Durante el siglo XVI la poeta Leonor de Ovando fue priora del convento.

English translation:
The Church and Convent of Regina Angelorum
Its construction dates from the second half of the 16th century to its completion at the beginning of the 18th century. During the 16th century the poet Leonor de Ovando was the prioress of the convent.

 
Erected by Ministerio de Cultura.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion.
 
Location. 18° 28.247′ N, 69° 53.232′ W. Marker is in Ciudad Colonial, Distrito Nacional, in Santo Domingo. Marker is on Calle Padre Billini, 0 kilometers east of Calle Sánchez, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Ciudad Colonial, Distrito Nacional 10210, Dominican Republic. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The St. Thomas Aquinas Academy (within shouting distance of this marker); Francisco del Rosario Sánchez
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(about 120 meters away, measured in a direct line); Chapel of the San Andrés Hospital (about 150 meters away); Luisa Ozema Pellerano de Henríquez (about 180 meters away); José Gabriel García (about 180 meters away); The Church of Our Lady of Carmen (about 180 meters away); House and Museum El Beaterio (about 180 meters away); The Royal and Pontifical University Santo Tomás de Aquino (about 180 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ciudad Colonial.
 
The Church and Convent of Regina Angelorum and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By J. Makali Bruton, May 1, 2017
2. The Church and Convent of Regina Angelorum and Marker
The Church and Convent of Regina Angelorum and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By J. Makali Bruton, March 10, 2018
3. The Church and Convent of Regina Angelorum and Marker
An additional, nearby marker on the first national electoral board here in 1923 image. Click for full size.
Photographed By J. Makali Bruton, May 1, 2017
4. An additional, nearby marker on the first national electoral board here in 1923
This additional marker is some meters to the west of the featured marker. It reads:

Junta Central Electoral
En memoria a su primera sede
instalada el 12 de abril 1923
Dia de las Juntas Electorales
12 de abril de 1981
A view of the building of the 1923 national electoral board image. Click for full size.
Photographed By J. Makali Bruton, May 1, 2017
5. A view of the building of the 1923 national electoral board
The additional marker is attached to the front of the building.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on January 5, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 2, 2017, by J. Makali Bruton of Accra, Ghana. This page has been viewed 240 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on July 2, 2017, by J. Makali Bruton of Accra, Ghana.   3. submitted on April 1, 2018, by J. Makali Bruton of Accra, Ghana.   4, 5. submitted on July 3, 2017, by J. Makali Bruton of Accra, Ghana.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=104937

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
U.S. FTC REQUIRED NOTICE: This website earns income from purchases you make after using links to Amazon.com. Thank you.
Paid Advertisements
Mar. 3, 2024