Crosbyton in Crosby County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
After fire in 1912, hotel rebuilt over original basement. It was razed in 1920s. A brick office and apartment building was erected by E. H. Hendricks in 1926; purchased 1944 by W. P. Lamar and renamed Lamar Building.
Lamar (1889-1946), farmer, businessman, was son of pioneer of Crosby County.
Erected 1967 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 3015.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1908.
Location. 33° 39.542′ N, 101° 14.374′ W. Marker is in Crosbyton, Texas, in Crosby County. Marker is at the intersection of South Berkshire Avenue and West Aspen Street, on the right when traveling south on South Berkshire Avenue. Marker is on the northwest corner. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 126 South Berkshire Avenue, Crosbyton TX 79322, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within Crosby County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Crosby County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Work Building (within shouting distance of this marker); The Rock House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Henry Clay Smith (about 300 feet away); Crosbyton (about 300 feet away); Crosby County (about 400 feet away); Citizens National Bank (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Crosbyton.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 8, 2017. It was originally submitted on July 8, 2017, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 289 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 8, 2017, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.