Concord in Merrimack County, New Hampshire — The American Northeast (New England)
New Hampshire’s First Meeting House
built – 1751
the first framed meeting house
where the New Hampshire Convention
ratified the Federal Constitution
thereby assuring its adoption
June 21, 1788
to the soldiers of this town who
took part in the War of the Revolution
Placed by Rumford Chapter – 1915
Daughters of the American Revolution
Replaced - 1962
Erected 1962 by Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Government & Politics. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) series list. A significant historical date for this entry is June 21, 1788.
Location. 43° 12.879′ N, 71° 32.504′ W. Marker is in Concord, New Hampshire, in Merrimack County. Marker is at the intersection of Bouton Street and Church Street, on the right when traveling south on Bouton Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Concord NH 03301, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Ratification of the Federal Constitution (here, next to this marker); Walker School Walker School 1915 (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Franklin Pierce (about 500 feet away); Site of House (about 500 feet away); The First Garrison in Concord (about 600 feet away); First Session of the Legislature at Concord (about 700 feet away); Isaac Elwell House and Office (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Concord.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 13, 2017. It was originally submitted on July 13, 2017, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 195 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 13, 2017, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.