Jamestown in Chautauqua County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Built in 1826 by Darius and John
Dexter as a stage coach stop on
the Buffalo route leading south
to Pittsburgh, this is the oldest
building standing in its original
location in Jamestown.
Erected 1986 by Jamestown Centennial Committee, State of New York.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1826.
Location. 42° 6.452′ N, 79° 13.363′ W. Marker is in Jamestown, New York, in Chautauqua County. Marker is at the intersection of Buffalo Street and East 2nd Street (New York State Route 394), on the left when traveling north on Buffalo Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Jamestown NY 14701, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Dahlstrom Metallic Door Company (within shouting distance of this marker); Jamestown Shale Paving Brick Co. (approx. ¼ mile away); Roger Tory Peterson (approx. half a mile away); First Sash Factory (approx. ¾ mile away); Site of Pail Factory Jamestown Oak (approx. 0.8 miles away); Gustavus Adolphus Children's Home (approx. 0.8 miles away); Site of Methodist Church (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jamestown.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 16, 2017. It was originally submitted on July 16, 2017, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 182 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 16, 2017, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.