Canton in Madison County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Erected 1962 by Mississippi Historical Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1840.
Location. 32° 36.762′ N, 90° 2.021′ W. Marker is in Canton, Mississippi, in Madison County. Marker is at the intersection of East Peace Street and Belview Avenue, on the left when traveling east on East Peace Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 161 E Peace St, Canton MS 39046, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Priestley House (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Madison County Movement (about 500 feet away); Madison County Courthouse (about 600 feet away); Old Madison County Jail (approx. 0.2 miles away); Howcutt MonumentHickory Street (approx. 0.3 miles away); Harvey's Scouts Monument (approx. half a mile away); Confederate Monument (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Canton.
Also see . . .
1. Leonidas Polk. (Submitted on July 16, 2017, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee.)
2. Grace Episcopal Church. (Submitted on July 17, 2017.)
Credits. This page was last revised on July 17, 2017. It was originally submitted on July 16, 2017, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 216 times since then and 49 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 16, 2017, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.