Evans in Erie County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Site of First Town Hall
First Town Hall
Evans became a town by
act of New York State
March 31, 1821.
On this site and in the
store of William Wright,
the first town meetings were held.
Erected 1971 by Erie County Sequicentennial Committee.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Political Subdivisions.
Location. 42° 39.298′ N, 79° 2.218′ W. Marker is in Evans, New York, in Erie County. Marker is at the intersection of Gold Street and Erie Road (New York State Route 5), on the left when traveling east on Gold Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Derby NY 14047, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Burial Site of Asa Ames / Pioneer Cemetery 1810-1928 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Major William C. Dudley (approx. Ό mile away); Site of "Bundy's Mill" (approx. one mile away); "Angola Horror" (approx. one mile away); Birthplace of Willis Haviland CarrierDedicated to the Memory (approx. 1.1 miles away); The White City (approx. 1.7 miles away); The Historic First Church of Evans (approx. 2.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Evans.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 16, 2017. It was originally submitted on July 16, 2017, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 100 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 16, 2017, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.