Franklin in Franklin County, Idaho — The American West (Mountains)
Old Fort of Franklin
Erected 1946 by Daughters of Utah Pioneers, Ellen Wright Camp. (Marker Number 93.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of Utah Pioneers series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1860.
Location. 42° 1.086′ N, 111° 48.27′ W. Marker is in Franklin, Idaho, in Franklin County. Marker is at the intersection of North State Street (U.S. 91) and Parkinson Road, on the left when traveling north on North State Street. Touch for map. Marker is Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Franklin's Pioneer School House 1860 (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Birthplace of Samuel P. Cowley (about 700 feet away); Franklin Relic Hall - 1937 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Franklin Historic District (approx. 0.2 miles away); ZCMI Co-op Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); FCMI Store 1858 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Hatch House (approx. ¼ mile away); Lorenzo Hill Hatch & John Doney Houses (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Franklin.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 17, 2017. It was originally submitted on July 17, 2017, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 303 times since then and 65 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 17, 2017, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.