St. Charles in Bear Lake County, Idaho — The American West (Mountains)
Erected 1955 by Daughters of Utah Pioneers, Mary Windley Camp. (Marker Number 211.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of Utah Pioneers series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1864.
Location. 42° 6.792′ N, 111° 23.346′ W. Marker is in St. Charles, Idaho, in Bear Lake County. Marker is on North Main Street (U.S. 89) near 100 North Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Gutzon Borglum Monument (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); British Settlers (approx. 4.9 miles away); Settlement of Fish Haven (approx. 5.1 miles away); Bloomington (approx. 5.2 miles away); Bear Lake (approx. 5.7 miles away); Thomas Sleight Cabin (approx. 7.7 miles away); Our First Church (approx. 7.7 miles away); Paris (approx. 7.8 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on July 20, 2017. It was originally submitted on July 20, 2017, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 427 times since then and 100 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 20, 2017, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.