Gerolzhofen in Landkreis Schweinfurt, Bavaria, Germany — Southern Germany (Scarplands and Alpine Region)
Altes Rathaus / The Old City Hall
In 1461, Michael von Schwarzenberg deeded a house on the marketplace to the city, which in 1475 was made into a city hall. In 1585, a kitchen was added. In 1732 the building was renovated in the baroque style. In 1979 the city administration moved out, and the building is now the city museum.
Erected by Gerolzhofen Historical Society and the Dr. Ottmar Wolf Cultural Foundation.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
Location. 49° 54.051′ N, 10° 20.974′ E. Marker is in Gerolzhofen, Bavaria, in Landkreis Schweinfurt. Marker is at the intersection of Marktplatz and Spitalstrasse, on the right when traveling east on Marktplatz. Touch for map. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Baroque Crucifixion Sculpture (within shouting distance of this marker); Parish Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Chapel of St. John (within shouting distance of this marker); Bürgerspital / Municipal Hospital (within shouting distance of this marker); The Beadle’s Tower (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Catholic Rectory (about 90 meters away); Spottfratze, ca. 1450 (about 120 meters away); "Gerolzhöfer Frauenaufstand" / The Gerolzhofen "Womens' Revolt" (about 120 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Gerolzhofen.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 31, 2018. It was originally submitted on July 20, 2017, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 109 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 20, 2017, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.