Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Warren in Macomb County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

St. Paul United Church of Christ

 
 
St. Paul United Church of Christ Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Joel Seewald, June 12, 2017
1. St. Paul United Church of Christ Marker
Inscription.  About 1850 a small group, representing the Warren Township Outpost of St. Peter's Evangelical Church of Halfway, met in the old Methodist Church across Mound Road. In 1864 they organized as St. Paul Evangelical Church. This sanctuary was built in 1894. The cornerstone contains a German Bible. After lightning damage in 1921, the steeple which towered 35 feet above the belfry had to be removed. Early records were kept in German and German services prevailed until 1935. The parish hall was added to the sanctuary in 1924 to house the Sunday School and provide room for community gatherings.
 
Erected 1994 by Warren Village Historic District Commission.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1850.
 
Location. 42° 31.548′ N, 83° 2.827′ W. Marker is in Warren, Michigan, in Macomb County. Marker is on Mound Road, on the right when traveling north. Marker is about 345 feet north of Beebe Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 31654 Mound Road, Warren MI 48092, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
of this marker. The Hoard House (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Warren Village Hall (about 400 feet away); The Flynn House (about 500 feet away); The Wilson-Bosh Home (about 600 feet away); First Baptist Church of Warren (about 700 feet away); The Joiner House 1895 (about 700 feet away); Village of Warren (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Reddick House (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Warren.
 
St. Paul United Church of Christ Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Joel Seewald, June 12, 2017
2. St. Paul United Church of Christ Marker
Marker is to the left of the sidewalk leading to the main door.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on July 24, 2017. It was originally submitted on July 24, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 301 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on July 24, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=106001

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 17, 2024