Union City Junction
A charter was received to build tracks from Nashville to Mississippi River. General Gibbs had the charter amended so the line would end on his property. On February 22, 1854, Gibbs established a town and intended to name it Junction City because it stood where two railroads met. Another town had already claimed the name, so Gibbs named his town Union City.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Railroads & Streetcars • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical date for this entry is February 22, 1854.
Location. 36° 26.23′ N, 89° 4.16′ W. Marker is in Union City, Tennessee, in Obion County. Marker is on Graham Drive. Marker is near the Railroad Depot in Discovery Park of America. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 210-260 Graham Dr, Union City TN 38261, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Depot (a few steps from this marker); The Chapel (within shouting distance of this marker); Hobbs Drug Store (within
Credits. This page was last revised on September 24, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 24, 2017, by Sandra Hughes Tidwell of Killen, Alabama, USA. This page has been viewed 132 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 24, 2017, by Sandra Hughes Tidwell of Killen, Alabama, USA. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.