Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Haslett in Ingham County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Williamston Center United Methodist Church

 
 
Williamston Center United Methodist Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Joel Seewald, July 21, 2017
1. Williamston Center United Methodist Church Marker
Inscription.  The Williamston Center United Methodist Church is the out-growth of a Methodist class that met in a local schoolhouse before this structure was completed. On November 5, 1877, members of the congregation pledged money to build this church. Merrit Andress deeded the site to the congregation, and G. S. Bower was the builder. The handsome Greek Revival church, which cost $1,500, was completed in 1879. Sunday School classrooms were added in the 1920s; and a modern kitchen and restroom facilities, in 1960.
 
Erected 1984 by Michigan History Division, Department of State. (Marker Number L1015.)
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Michigan Historical Commission series list. A significant historical date for this entry is November 5, 1877.
 
Location. 42° 44.643′ N, 84° 19.082′ W. Marker is near Haslett, Michigan, in Ingham County. Marker is at the intersection of Zimmer Road and Haslett Road, on the left when traveling north on Zimmer Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 5491 Zimmer Road, Williamston MI 48895, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other
Williamston Center United Methodist Church and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Joel Seewald, July 21, 2017
2. Williamston Center United Methodist Church and Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. St. Katherine's Chapel (approx. 3 miles away); Grand River Trail (approx. 3.3 miles away); Williamston Wall of Honor (approx. 4.1 miles away); The Bridge (approx. 4.1 miles away); The Mill (approx. 4.1 miles away); McCormick Park (approx. 4.1 miles away); Haslett (approx. 4.2 miles away); Saint Mary Parish (approx. 4.2 miles away).
 
Also see . . .  Crossroads United Methodist Church: A History. (Submitted on August 1, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.)
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on August 1, 2017. It was originally submitted on August 1, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 151 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on August 1, 2017, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=106405

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Aug. 7, 2022