Jackson in Hinds County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
First Presbyterian Church
Erected 1973 by Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1837.
Location. 32° 18.1′ N, 90° 10.802′ W. Marker is in Jackson, Mississippi, in Hinds County. Marker is on North State Street (U.S. 51) north of Yazzo Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Jackson MS 39201, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Jackson Municipal Library Sit-In (a few steps from this marker); The Eagle and Bowman Hotels (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Galloway Memorial United Methodist Church (about 800 feet away); Galloway Memorial (about 800 feet away); Smith ParkOld Capitol (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Mississippi Liberty Bell (approx. 0.2 miles away); Monument to Women of the Confederacy (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jackson.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 16, 2017. It was originally submitted on August 15, 2017, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 135 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 15, 2017, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.