Bunkie in Avoyelles Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
White's Chapel United Methodist Church
Gothic Revival church built in 1894 by Hugh and Lee Evans on land donated by Wilson A. O'Quin, Sr. It was named in honor of Rev. Frederick White who organized it in 1870. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Churches & Religion.
Location. 30° 50.01′ N, 92° 12.208′ W. Marker is in Bunkie, Louisiana, in Avoyelles Parish. Marker is on Whites Chapel Road 0.3 miles south of State Highway 29, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 120 Whites Chapel Road, Bunkie LA 71322, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fogleman Cemetery (approx. 5.6 miles away); Veterans Memorial (approx. 8˝ miles away); Calvary Baptist Church (approx. 8.9 miles away); Evergreen (approx. 10.1 miles away); Ville Platte (approx. 10.9 miles away); National Register of Historic Places (approx. 10.9 miles away); City of Ville Platte City Hall (approx. 10.9 miles away); Vietnam Veterans Memorial (approx. 11 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on August 26, 2017. It was originally submitted on August 26, 2017, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 227 times since then and 64 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 26, 2017.