Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Mansfield in Newton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

Mansfield's First School

 
 
Mansfield's First School Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By David Seibert, May 25, 2013
1. Mansfield's First School Marker
Inscription.  Mansfield’s first school was Center Grove Academy built prior to 1860. The Green Schoolhouse was established in 1890. Mansfield High School was moved to this site in 1908.
 
Erected 1991 by The Landmarks Committee, Newton County Historical Society. (Marker Number 4.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education.
 
Location. 33° 31.233′ N, 83° 44.017′ W. Marker is in Mansfield, Georgia, in Newton County. Marker is at the intersection of East Third Avenue and Poplar Street, on the left when traveling east on East Third Avenue. The marker is located inside a circular drive at the entrance of the school. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 45 East Third Avenue, Mansfield GA 30055, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mansfield's Famous Southpaw (approx. ¼ mile away); Newborn (approx. 2½ miles away); The Old Loyd Place (approx. 2.9 miles away); Old Starrsville Store (approx. 4.2 miles away); Brick Store
Mansfield's First School Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By David Seibert, May 25, 2013
2. Mansfield's First School Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 5.7 miles away); Sherman at Harris’ Quarters (approx. 6.1 miles away); Reese (approx. 6½ miles away); Factory Shoals c. 1820 (approx. 7.6 miles away).
 
Mansfield's First School Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By David Seibert, May 25, 2013
3. Mansfield's First School Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on September 24, 2017. It was originally submitted on September 24, 2017, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 187 times since then and 35 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on September 24, 2017, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=108638

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Aug. 12, 2022