De Pere in Brown County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Erected 1980 by the Wisconsin Historical Society. (Marker Number 262.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the Wisconsin Historical Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1836.
Location. 44° 27.162′ N, 88° 3.642′ W. Marker is in De Pere, Wisconsin, in Brown County. Marker is on North Broadway (State Highway 57) north of Cass Street, on the left when traveling north. Marker is at the White Pillars Museum – De Pere Historical Society. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 403 North Broadway, De Pere WI 54115, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. Union Hotel (approx. 0.2 miles away); Marquette–Jolliet (approx. 0.2 miles away); Rapides des Peres (approx. 0.2 miles away); Brown County Court House 1838 to 1854 (approx. ¼ mile away); Wisconsin's Maritime Trails (approx. 0.3 miles away); Address by President Lincoln (approx. ¾ mile away); St. Norbert College & The Packers (approx. 0.8 miles away); Bernard Henry Pennings (approx. 0.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in De Pere.
Also see . . . De Pere History. (Submitted on August 30, 2008.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 30, 2008, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 1,858 times since then and 98 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 30, 2008, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. 3. submitted on December 21, 2010, by Bob (peach) Weber of Dewey, Arizona. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.