St. Anthony in Fremont County, Idaho — The American West (Mountains)
Erected 1934 by Idaho Pioneer Trails and Landmarks Association and Utah Pioneer Trails and Landmarks Association. (Marker Number 40.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Exploration • Forts and Castles. In addition, it is included in the Utah Pioneer Trails and Landmarks Association series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1810.
Location. 43° 57.873′ N, 111° 40.903′ Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 226 South Bridge Street, Saint Anthony ID 83445, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Pioneer Meeting House (here, next to this marker); M60A3 Army Tank (within shouting distance of this marker); World War I Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Sub-Irrigation on Egin Bench (approx. 3.8 miles away); Teton City Settlers (approx. 5.4 miles away); a different marker also named Fort Henry (approx. 5˝ miles away); a different marker also named Fort Henry (approx. 5˝ miles away); Sugar City Sugar Beet Factory (approx. 7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Anthony.
More about this marker. This marker is located in American Legion Park.
Also see . . . Fort Henry(2) -- FortWiki. Built as two log cabins and a dirt cellar during the winter of 1810-1811 and abandoned in the spring of 1911. Built by Andrew Henry, Pierre Menard, John Colter and a group of some 60 men for the Missouri Fur Company and Manuel Lisa. (Submitted on October 14, 2017, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.)
Credits. This page was last revised on July 21, 2019. It was originally submitted on October 14, 2017, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 198 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 14, 2017, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.