Knoxville in Knox County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
In Grateful Memory to the Defenders of Cavett Blockhouse
Erected 1921 by Tennessee Society Sons of the Revolution.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Wars, US Indian. A significant historical date for this entry is September 25, 1793.
Location. 35° 56.027′ N, 84° 3.467′ W. Marker is in Knoxville, Tennessee, in Knox County. Marker can be reached from Broome Avenue, on the right when traveling north. This marker is located in the Old Mars Hill Cemetery which is located on the site of what was once the Alexander Cavett blockhouse, also known as Cavett’s Station. The cemetery is now on private property. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Knoxville TN 37909, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Cavett's Station (approx. ¾ mile away); Fallen Military Heroes of Bearden High (approx. 0.9 miles States View (approx. 1.9 miles away); The Baker-Peters-Rogers House (approx. 2 miles away); Ball Camp (approx. 2.3 miles away); Robert Reynolds (approx. 2.7 miles away); Herbert H. Hoover (approx. 3.8 miles away); Byington (approx. 4.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Knoxville.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 30, 2017. It was originally submitted on October 29, 2017, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 494 times since then and 80 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on October 29, 2017, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.