Jackson in Hinds County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
1904 - 1979
Abandoned for three years, listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1975, The Jackson Chamber of Commerce restored the exterior to original condition in 1979 and adapted the interior to house chamber offices.
Erected 1979 by Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1904.
Location. 32° 17.893′ N, 90° 10.931′ W. Marker is in Jackson, Mississippi, in Hinds County. Marker is at the intersection of South President Street and East Pearl Street, on the left when traveling north on South President Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Jackson MS 39205, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Jackson City Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); Mississippi's Old Capitol (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); GM&O Freight Depot (approx. 0.2 miles away); Old Capitol (approx. 0.2 miles away); GM&O Depot (approx. 0.2 miles away); Merci Train Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Smith Park (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Eagle and Bowman Hotels (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jackson.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 31, 2017. It was originally submitted on October 30, 2017, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 243 times since then and 54 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 30, 2017, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.