Pete Smith's Store
Middle Tennessee Electric Museum
Because of road improvements to Cainsville Road, Pete's Store was moved directly across the road in 1959. In 1980, he sold the store to George Spain. Pete retired after running the store for 52 years.
Pete Smith's Store was relocated to Fiddlers Grove on July 15, 2005.
Middle Tennessee Electric displays early electric appliances and early history of electricity in Wilson County.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Forbes Cabin (here, next to this marker); Melrose Church (here, next to this marker); Mr. Luther's Blacksmith Shop and Broom Factory (here, next to this marker); Peyton Smokehouse (here, next to this marker); Stewart Cabin (here, next to this marker); Livesay Mill (within shouting distance of this marker); Thompson-Partlow Cabin and Smokehouse (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Cartmell Cabin (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lebanon.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 7, 2017. It was originally submitted on November 5, 2017, by Karen Emerson-McPeak of Triune, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 138 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 5, 2017, by Karen Emerson-McPeak of Triune, Tennessee. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.