Clarkson in Monroe County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Clarkson Community Church
Clarkson's first pioneer church.
Oldest church on Ridge Road west
of the Genesee River, in Monroe
County. Organized as a congre-
gational society in 1816.
Erected 1825. Dedicated 1828.
Clarkson's original academy burned
1852; replaced by adjacent brick
Erected 1979 by County of Monroe.
Location. 43° 13.944′ N, 77° 55.559′ W. Marker is in Clarkson, New York, in Monroe County. Marker is on West Ridge Road (New York State Route 104) 0.1 miles east of North Lake Road (New York State Route 19), on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 8339 West Ridge Road, Clarkson NY 14430, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. In Commemoration of the Sacrifice (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Clarkson (about 500 feet away); Henry R. Selden (about 800 feet away); Lewis Swift (approx. 0.2 miles away); Philip Boss Henry Martin House - 1829 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Home of Simeon B. Jewett (approx. ¼ mile away); Brockport and the Canal (approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Clarkson.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
More. Search the internet for Clarkson Community Church.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 12, 2017. This page originally submitted on November 12, 2017, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 87 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 12, 2017, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.