Near Post in Garza County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Site of Graham School
Second building was erected 1915. Upon consolidation with Gossett School in 1930, a brick building was constructed here and named Graham School. It had first gymnasium in the county. It consolidated 1957 with Post School. The building was used as a community center 1959-1963, and was then razed; the present building was erected in 1964.
Erected 1969 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 4805.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. A significant historical year for this entry is 1904.
Location. 33° 9.061′ N, 101° 28.235′ W. Marker is near Post, Texas, in Garza County. Marker can be reached from Farm to Market Road 1313 west of County Highway 399, on the right when traveling west. Marker is hidden in shrubs to the right of the entrance to building. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Post TX 79356, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers Graham Chapel Methodist Church (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Kate McCommis (approx. 3˝ miles away); Pioneer's Well (approx. 3˝ miles away); Llano Ranch (approx. 3.6 miles away); Dry-Land Farming (approx. 4.3 miles away); C. W. Post Rain Battles (approx. 5.2 miles away); Twin Chimneys (approx. 5.2 miles away); C. W. Post Home (approx. 5.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Post.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 25, 2017. It was originally submitted on November 25, 2017, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 253 times since then and 64 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 25, 2017, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.