Fort Meade in Polk County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
The W. Henry Lewis House
Erected 2013 by The Children and Grandchildren of Virginia Lewis Marsh, the Historical Society of Fort Meade, and the Florida Department of State. (Marker Number F-780.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Agriculture • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1901.
Location. 27° 45.43′ N, 81° 47.836′ W. Marker is in Fort Meade, Florida, in Polk County. Marker is on North Oak Avenue, 0.1 miles north of 4th Street Northeast, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 424 North Oak Avenue, Fort Meade FL 33841, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Site of Fort Meade (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lt. Gen. Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Christ Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); Fort Meade Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); Florida 2000 Center of Population (approx. half a mile away); Willoughby Tillis Battle Monument (approx. 0.6 miles away); Historic Kissengen Spring (approx. 4.6 miles away); Homeland School (approx. 4.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Meade.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 2, 2017. It was originally submitted on November 30, 2017, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. This page has been viewed 288 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 30, 2017, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.