Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Marietta in Cobb County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

William Root House

 
 
William Root House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By David Seibert, June 8, 2013
1. William Root House Marker
Inscription.  Circa 1845
 
Erected 2010 by The Nicholas Wallingford Chapter, National Society Colonial Dames XVII Century.
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the The Colonial Dames XVII Century, National Society series list.
 
Location. 33° 57.303′ N, 84° 33.127′ W. Marker is in Marietta, Georgia, in Cobb County. Marker is at the intersection of North Marietta Parkway (Georgia Route 120A) and Polk Street NW, on the right when traveling north on North Marietta Parkway. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 80 North Marietta Parkway, Marietta GA 30060, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named William Root House (a few steps from this marker); a different marker also named William Root House (a few steps from this marker); African Americans at the Root House (a few steps from this marker); The Manning Cabin (a few steps from this marker); Methodist Church of Marietta
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Clarke Library Building (about 600 feet away); 1916 Glover Machine Works Locomotive (about 700 feet away); Kennesaw House (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Marietta.
 
Regarding William Root House. The Root House originally stood at Church and Lemon Streets in Marietta. By the late 1980s it had badly deteriorated and was slated for destruction. In 1989 the Cobb Landmarks and Historical Society acquired the house and moved it to its present location, where it was restored. It is now open to the public as a house museum.
 
Also see . . .  History of the Root House. (Submitted on December 3, 2017, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
 
William Root House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By David Seibert, June 8, 2013
2. William Root House Marker
The marker is just to the left of the front door.
William Root House and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By David Seibert, June 8, 2013
3. William Root House and Marker
William Root House image. Click for full size.
Photographed By David Seibert, March 5, 2009
4. William Root House
In 2009 the house was undergoing a complete restoration.
William Root House from the rear image. Click for full size.
Photographed By David Seibert, March 5, 2009
5. William Root House from the rear
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on December 3, 2017. It was originally submitted on December 3, 2017, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 305 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on December 3, 2017, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=110964

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 16, 2024