Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Pearl in Rankin County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
 

Pearl Methodist Church

 
 
Pearl Methodist Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Mark Hilton, December 3, 2017
1. Pearl Methodist Church Marker
Inscription.  In 1909, James Campbell, a student pastor, organized a new church in the Pearson Community. Services were held in the Pearson School until 1921, at which time the congregation moved to this site. An abandoned church building was moved here, and the name changed to Pearl Chapel Methodist Church. A new sanctuary was built in 1990.
 
Erected 2003 by Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1909.
 
Location. 32° 16.271′ N, 90° 8.142′ W. Marker is in Pearl, Mississippi, in Rankin County. Marker is at the intersection of South Pearson Road (Mississippi Route 468) and Loyd Street, on the right when traveling north on South Pearson Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 226 South Pearson Road, Pearl MS 39208, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Gold Coast: Cross the River (approx. 2 miles away);
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
WLBT-TV (approx. 2.9 miles away); Temple Beth Israel (approx. 3.1 miles away); GM&O Freight Depot (approx. 3.1 miles away); Merci Train Memorial (approx. 3.2 miles away); GM&O Depot (approx. 3.2 miles away); Old Capitol (approx. 3.2 miles away); Mississippi's Old Capitol (approx. 3.2 miles away).
 
Pearl United Methodist Church with newer Sanctuary in background. image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Mark Hilton, December 3, 2017
2. Pearl United Methodist Church with newer Sanctuary in background.
Original building used as the Pearl Methodist Church. image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Mark Hilton, December 3, 2017
3. Original building used as the Pearl Methodist Church.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on December 4, 2017. It was originally submitted on December 4, 2017, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 266 times since then and 52 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on December 4, 2017, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=111004

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Jun. 23, 2024