Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
The Dalles in Wasco County, Oregon — The American West (Northwest)
 

Elks Temple

1910

 
 
Elks Temple Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Barry Swackhamer, July 1, 2017
1. Elks Temple Marker
Inscription.  This Colonial-style brick building was built as a lodge hall and a residence for members. The front of the building is distinguished by four columns, decorative pilasters and a balcony. The grand ballroom has a rare, spring-loaded hardwood floor. In March of 1896, the lodge moved to The Dalles from Cascade Locks, Oregon, where it had been organized. Upon completion of construction in 1910, the organization moved into the Elks Temple.
 
Erected by City of The Dalles.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Fraternal or Sororal OrganizationsIndustry & Commerce.
 
Location. 45° 36.066′ N, 121° 11.016′ W. Marker is in The Dalles, Oregon, in Wasco County. Marker is at the intersection of East 3rd Street and Court Street, on the left when traveling west on East 3rd Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 201 East 3rd Street, The Dalles OR 97058, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Commodore (a few steps from this marker); The Dalles City Hall 1908 (within shouting distance of
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
this marker); Oaks Hotel (within shouting distance of this marker); Lemke Building (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Carnegie Library (about 400 feet away); Foley House (about 400 feet away); Granada Theater (about 400 feet away); Gates Hotel (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in The Dalles.
 
Elks Temple and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Barry Swackhamer, July 1, 2017
2. Elks Temple and Marker
The marker is on the left side of the right set of stairs.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on December 30, 2017. It was originally submitted on December 30, 2017, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 149 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on December 30, 2017, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=112019

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
U.S. FTC REQUIRED NOTICE: This website earns income from purchases you make after using links to Amazon.com. Thank you.
Paid Advertisements
Feb. 23, 2024