Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Hood River in Hood River County, Oregon — The American West (Northwest)
 

The Blowers Building

1909

— City of Hood River Downtown Historic District —

 
 
The Blowers Building Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Barry Swackhamer, July 2, 2017
1. The Blowers Building Marker
Inscription.  Constructed in 1909 by Samuel and Laurence Blowers, the building originally housed a hardware store and "modern playhouse" on the first floor and offices on the second floor. Laurence Blowers was one of Hood River's first mayors and was appointed U.S. Deputy Marshal and County Judge in 1906.
 
Erected by City of Hood River Review Board.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & CommerceNotable Buildings.
 
Location. 45° 42.526′ N, 121° 30.682′ W. Marker is in Hood River, Oregon, in Hood River County. Marker is on Oak Street (U.S. 30) near 1st Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 101 Oak Street, Hood River OR 97031, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Sproat Building (a few steps from this marker); The Mount Hood Hotel Annex (a few steps from this marker); DeWitt Motors (within shouting distance of this marker); The Eliot Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Hood River City Hall
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(within shouting distance of this marker); The Brosius Building (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Hall Building (about 300 feet away); Masonic Hall Building (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hood River.
 
The Blowers Building and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Barry Swackhamer, July 2, 2017
2. The Blowers Building and Marker
The marker is on the left corner of the building.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on January 9, 2018. It was originally submitted on January 3, 2018, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 183 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos:   1. submitted on January 3, 2018, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.   2. submitted on January 4, 2018, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=112234

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Jul. 24, 2024