Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
The Dalles in Wasco County, Oregon — The American West (Northwest)
 

Wasco County Courthouse 1914

 
 
Wasco County Courthouse 1914 Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Barry Swackhamer, July 2, 2017
1. Wasco County Courthouse 1914 Marker
Inscription.  The county dedicated this distinctive, classical-style building, the latest of three courthouses remaining in The Dalles, on October 3, 1914. The lot at 5th and Washington Streets cost $8,000; the furnishings cost $12,645; and final building expenses totaled $159,000. Its beautiful halls are finished with marble and the non-combustible exterior and interior walls are of terra cotta tile. Doors and window frames came fully assembled from the Doernbecker Factory in Portland. County offices currently located in the courthouse include the Circuit and District Courts, the County Clerk and Tax Assessor, and County Judge.
 
Erected by City of The Dalles.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Government & PoliticsNotable Buildings. A significant historical date for this entry is October 3, 1914.
 
Location. 45° 35.982′ N, 121° 11.027′ W. Marker is in The Dalles, Oregon, in Wasco County. Marker is on Washington Street near East 5th Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 511 Washington Street, The Dalles OR 97058, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
are within walking distance of this marker. Carnegie Library (within shouting distance of this marker); First Congregational Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Civic Auditorium (about 400 feet away); Elks Temple (about 500 feet away); Foley House (about 500 feet away); The Commodore (about 500 feet away); The Dalles City Hall 1908 (about 600 feet away); Methodist Parsonage (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in The Dalles.
 
Wasco County Courthouse and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Barry Swackhamer, July 2, 2017
2. Wasco County Courthouse and Marker
The marker is at the right side of the steps.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on January 7, 2018. It was originally submitted on January 7, 2018, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 144 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on January 7, 2018, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=112402

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 23, 2024