Jacksonville in Jackson County, Oregon — The American West (Northwest)
Warren Lodge No. 10
On this site, in the year 1859, Warren Lodge No. 10 Ancient Free and Accepted Masons erected the first Masonic temple in southern Oregon. Jackson County used the first floor as a courthouse and purchased the building in 1867. The county replaced the structure in 1883 with the present two-story brick building that now houses the museum. Warren Lodge, meanwhile, held its meetings in the Odd Fellows' temple from 1867 until 1875, when the present Masonic temple on the corner of California and Oregon streets was completed.
Warren Lodge 10 A.F. & A.M.
chartered June 15, 1855
being the first Oregon lodge chartered south of Salem
celebrates 150 years of freemasonry in southern Oregon
this day, May 28, 2005 with the laying of this stone by
M.W.B. Gareth J. Duggan, Grand Master
Ancient, Free and Accepted Masons of Oregon
"Do good unto all"
Erected 1968 by Warren Lodge No. 10 A.F. & A.M. and the Southern Oregon Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is Fraternal or Sororal Organizations. A significant historical date for this entry is May 28, 2005.
Location. 42° 18.873′ N, 122° 57.883′ W. Marker is in Jacksonville, Oregon, in Jackson County. Marker can be reached from East D Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Jacksonville OR 97530, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Methodist Episcopal Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Catholic Rectory (about 400 feet away); Beekman Bank Well (approx. 0.2 miles away); History Right Here - Horse Powers (approx. 0.2 miles away); Rogue River Valley Railroad Depot (approx. 0.2 miles away); History of Local Telephone Service (approx. 0.2 miles away); City Hall (approx. Ό mile away); China Quarter (approx. Ό mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jacksonville.
More about this marker. Marker is located between the former courthouse and a courthouse annex building.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 20, 2018. It was originally submitted on January 18, 2018, by Douglass Halvorsen of Klamath Falls, Oregon. This page has been viewed 114 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 18, 2018, by Douglass Halvorsen of Klamath Falls, Oregon. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.