Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Södermalm in Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden — Northern Europe (Scandinavia)
 

Källaren Fimmelstången / The Fimmelstången Tavern

 
 
Källaren Fimmelstången / The Fimmelstången Tavern Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Andrew Ruppenstein, June 10, 2017
1. Källaren Fimmelstången / The Fimmelstången Tavern Marker
Inscription.   Huset nybyggt 1673 av rådmannen Joel Hörner. Muren åt gårdssidan dock medeltida. Detta är det första huset som Samfundet S:t Erik restaurerade i kvarteret Cepheus (1934). Här låg under några år källaren Fimmelstången, där skalden Lasse Lucidor blev ihjälstucken en augustinatt 1674.


Built in 1673. Medieval remains. Here the poet Lasse Lucidor was stabbed to death in the year 1674. Restored by Samfundet S:t Erik (in 1934).
 
Erected 1997 by Samfundet S:t Erik.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Arts, Letters, MusicIndustry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1673.
 
Location. 59° 19.473′ N, 18° 4.329′ E. Marker is in Södermalm, Stockholms län (Stockholm County), in Stockholm. Marker is on Kindstugatan just south of Själagårdsgatan, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Kindstugatan 14, Södermalm, Stockholms län 111 31, Sweden. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Kvarteret Cepheus / Cepheus Neighborhood (within shouting distance of this marker); Lydert Bartels' Hus (House) (within shouting distance

Källaren Fimmelstången / The Fimmelstången Tavern Marker - Wide View image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Andrew Ruppenstein, June 10, 2017
2. Källaren Fimmelstången / The Fimmelstången Tavern Marker - Wide View
Click or scan to see
this page online
of this marker); "Lejonet" / "The Lion" (within shouting distance of this marker); Carl von Linné (Linnaeus) (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Tessinska Palatset / Tessin Palace (about 150 meters away); Stuténska Huset / The Stuten Building (about 150 meters away); Oxenstiernska Palatset / Oxenstierna Palace (about 210 meters away); Storkyrkans Hus / Cathedral House (about 210 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Södermalm.
 
Regarding Källaren Fimmelstången / The Fimmelstången Tavern. This is the first building to have been restored by Samfudet S:t Erik.
 
Källaren Fimmelstången / The Fimmelstången Tavern image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Andrew Ruppenstein, June 10, 2017
3. Källaren Fimmelstången / The Fimmelstången Tavern
The tavern is the red building on the right side of the street.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on February 19, 2022. It was originally submitted on January 30, 2018, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 138 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on January 30, 2018, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=113500

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Nov. 29, 2022