Lewes in Sussex County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Thompson Country Store
Operated by Thompson family from 1888-1962. Moved, repaired and reopened by the Lewes Historical Society in 1963.
Erected by Lewes Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce.
Location. 38° 46.587′ N, 75° 8.597′ W. Marker is in Lewes, Delaware, in Sussex County. Marker is on West 3rd Street west of Shipcarpenter Road, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 411 West 3rd Street, Lewes DE 19958, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Milk House (a few steps from this marker); Burton-Ingram House Addition (a few steps from this marker); Burton-Ingram House (within shouting distance of this marker); Hiram Rodney Burton House (within shouting distance of this marker); Harbeson Railroad Station Privy (within shouting distance of this marker); Frederick E. Hudson (within shouting distance Old Bethel Church (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Ryves Holt House (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lewes.
Credits. This page was last revised on March 21, 2019. It was originally submitted on February 3, 2018, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 113 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 3, 2018, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.