Priesterseminar / Seminary
der heutigen Form erbaut 1716 von
Joseph Greising seit 1789
"Seminar zum Guten Hirten"
From 1564-1773 a Jesuit college; 1716 Built in its current form by Joseph Greising; Since 1789 has been the Good Shepherd Seminary
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Education.
Location. 49° 47.459′ N, 9° 56.02′ E. Marker is in Würzburg, Bavaria. Marker is at the intersection of Domschulerstrasse and Bibrastrasse, on the left when traveling west on Domschulerstrasse. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Domschulerstrasse 18, Würzburg, Bavaria 97070, Germany. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Former Synagogue (within shouting distance of this marker); Johann Lukas Schönlein (within shouting distance of this marker); Antonius Neidhardt Graf von Gneisenau / Field Marshal Antonius Neidhardt, Count of Gneisenau (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Frühgotische Doppeltoranlage / Early Gothic Double-Gate Structure (about 120 meters away); Rabbiner Seligmann Bär Bamberger
Also see . . . Geschichte/History (Priesterseminar Würzburg, in German). (Submitted on February 5, 2018.)
Credits. This page was last revised on February 5, 2018. It was originally submitted on February 5, 2018, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 57 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 5, 2018, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.