Hof Guttenberg / St. Gallus House
Propitius Super Omnes
Huius Domui Inhabitantes
ehemals "Hof zum hl. Gallus", wurde
um 1710 erbaut, 1784 ging es in den
Besitz der Reichsfreiherrn von und
zu Guttenberg über. Am 16. März
1945 wurde es durch Fliegerbomben
zerstört und im Jahre 1959 von Karl
Theodor Reichsfreiherr von und zu
Guttenberg durch den Architekten
Eugen Altenhöfer wieder aufgebaut.
Pour, O Lord, your blessings upon the inhabitants of this house
This house, the former "St. Gallus House", was built in 1710, and in 1784 passed into the possession of the Reichsfreiherrn von und zu Guttenberg. On March 16, 1945, it was destroyed in an aerial bomb attack, and in 1959 was rebuilt by Karl Theodor Reichsfreiherr von und zu Guttenberg under the supervision of the architect Eugen Altenhöfer.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1710.
Location. 49° 47.635′
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Schönbornkapelle / Schönborn Chapel (a few steps from this marker); Der Kreuzgang des Neumuensterstiftes / The Cloister of the Neumuenster Seminary (within shouting distance of this marker); Würzburg Jewish Deportation Memorial (about 150 meters away, measured in a direct line); Emy Roeder (about 240 meters away); Julius Reichsgraf Von Soden (about 240 meters away); Rabbiner Seligmann Bär Bamberger (approx. 0.2 kilometers away); Frühgotische Doppeltoranlage / Early Gothic Double-Gate Structure (approx. 0.2 kilometers away); Karl Landsteiner (approx. 0.3 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Würzburg.
Also see . . . Hof Guttenberg (Würzburg Wiki, in German). (Submitted on February 9, 2018.)
Credits. This page was last revised on January 28, 2022. It was originally submitted on February 9, 2018, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 97 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on February 9, 2018, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.