La maison du Chevalier d'Ars
Elle fut achetée en 1638 par les pensionnaires du couvent des Carmes. Cette maison abrita des religieuses Ursulines en 1855, les Dames Dominicaines en 1869 puis le collège des jeunes filles.
This high house, adorned with molded stone windows and skylights, was owned by Captain Louis d'Ars, master of arms of the famous Chevalier Bayard, which he named after himself.
He also owned the Château d'Ars, located 2 km north of La Chatre.
In 1638 it was purchased by the residents of the Carmelite convent. In 1855 it became a home for Ursuline nuns, for Dominican nuns in 1869, and then a school for young women. (Marker Number 5.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Education • Religion & Religious Structures.
Location. 46° 34.929′ N, 1° 59.21′ E. Marker is in La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire (Centre-Loire Valley), in Indre. It is on Rue d''Olmor. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 8 Rue d''Olmor, La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire 36400, France. Touch for directions.
Regionally, it is in the North Atlantic Region, Europe, the European Union, Atlantic Europe, the Schengen Area, Western Europe, a coastal Mediterranean country, and the Western World. Historically, it finds itself in what was once a French colony and also the Roman Empire.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker: Plaque Commémorative de Jean Pacton (about 120 meters away, measured in a direct line);
Credits. This page was last revised on September 9, 2018. It was originally submitted on February 24, 2018, by Corentin Buisson of Saint-Août, France. This page has been viewed 414 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 24, 2018, by Corentin Buisson of Saint-Août, France. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.

