Mystic in New London County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
This building was built about 1863 as the George Greenman & Co. store. The store, which sold produce and other goods to the shipyard and mill employees and nearby families until the 1880s, was located on the first floor, with living quarters for the store-keeper above. It later became an apartment house. Like many older American buildings, it was covered with ceramic siding in the mid-1900s.
Mystic Seaport is located on the site of the Greenman shipyard and textile mill. Named for the Mystic Seaport trustee who last owned it, the Brustolon House is used as an office building by Mystic Seaport. If you would like to find out more about Mystic Seaport, please stop by our Visitor Reception Center opposite the first traffic light to your left.
Erected by Mystic Seaport Museum.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1863.
Location. 41° 21.645′ N, 71° 57.823′ W. Marker is in Mystic, Connecticut, in New London County. Marker is on Greenmanville Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 61 Greenmanville Avenue, Mystic CT 06355, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Constantine House (a few steps from this marker); Lewis House (a few steps from this marker); William Haynes House (within shouting distance of this marker); Langworthy House (within shouting distance of this marker); Harbor Tugboat Kingston II (within shouting distance of this marker); Eastern-Rig Dragger Roann (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Propeller Steamer Sabino (about 300 feet away); George Greenman House (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mystic.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. Mystic, Connecticut Historic Houses
Also see . . . Brustolon House.
The Brustolon House can be seen from Greenmanville Avenue, between the Museum’s North and South entrances. The house is not open to Museum visitors. (Submitted on March 11, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Credits. This page was last revised on August 18, 2020. It was originally submitted on March 11, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 156 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on March 11, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.