Murphys in Calaveras County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Site of Brownsville
Erected 1953 by California State Park Commission – Base Erected by Christa Parlor No. 137 NSGW and Ruby Parlor No. 49 NDGW – July 19, 1953. (Marker Number 465.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Landmarks • Natural Resources • Notable Places • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the California Historical Landmarks, and the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West series lists.
Location. 38° 7.72′ N, 120° 26.517′ W. Marker is in Murphys, California, in Calaveras County. Marker is on Pennsyvania Gulch Road, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Murphys CA 95247, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this markerJoseph Schachten (approx. one mile away); Murphys Grammar School (approx. one mile away); Buena Vista Cemetery (approx. one mile away); The Italian Store (approx. 1.1 miles away); Dunbar House (approx. 1.1 miles away); Valente Building (approx. 1.1 miles away); Murphys (approx. 1.2 miles away); Murphy Brothers (approx. 1.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Murphys.
More about this marker. This site is a California Registered Historical Landmark (No.465)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 15, 2008, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona. This page has been viewed 1,673 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 15, 2008, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona.