College Park in Prince George's County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
In 1911, they were joined by the National Aeroplane Company (NACO), which was formed to give instruction in Wright, Curtiss, and Bleriot machines and to provide repair. NACO was the sole agent for the Curtiss Aeroplanes in the Washington area.
. In 1912, two other civilian aviation companies, the Christmas Aeroplane Company and the Washington Aeroplane Company (WAC), established themselves at the field. The WAC, sponsored by Emile Berliner, manufactured the well-known Columbia Bi-Plane.
[Caption on image at top of the marker:]
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Air & Space • Industry & Commerce.
Location. 38° 58.857′ N, 76° 55.605′ W. Marker is in College Park, Maryland, in Prince George's County. Marker can be reached from Corporal Frank Scott Drive near Litton Drive Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1909 Corporal Frank Scott Drive, College Park MD 20740, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Army Aviation School (a few steps from this marker); Airmail (within shouting distance of this marker); Taliaferro House (approx. 0.2 miles away); College Park Airport (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different marker also named College Park Airport (approx. 0.2 miles away); Cory House (approx. 0.2 miles away); City of College Park (approx. ¼ mile away); McDonnell House (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in College Park.
Credits. This page was last revised on March 21, 2019. It was originally submitted on March 16, 2018, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 99 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 16, 2018, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.