Jackson in Hinds County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Erected 2018 by the Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1912.
Location. 32° 18.797′ N, 90° 10.404′ W. Marker is in Jackson, Mississippi, in Hinds County. Marker is on Carlisle Street east of Kenwood Street, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1020 Carlisle Street, Jackson MS 39202, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distanceJitney 14 (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Jackson Volcano (about 700 feet away); Shady Nook (approx. 0.2 miles away); The "Cotton Bale" Battery (approx. ¼ mile away); Eudora Welty House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Belhaven University (approx. 0.3 miles away); Belhaven Historic District (approx. 0.3 miles away); Eudora Welty (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jackson.
Also see . . . Mississippi Department of Archives & History Fact Sheet on the mansion. (Submitted on March 23, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Credits. This page was last revised on May 15, 2019. It was originally submitted on March 23, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 593 times since then and 73 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 23, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. 3. submitted on May 15, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.