Rochester in Monroe County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
In early 19th century, hub of
activity on stage route & canal,
famed for seeds & nurseries.
Church first organized in 1817.
Rochester annexed village in 1905.
Erected 1962 by County of Monroe.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1817.
Location. 43° 8.736′ N, 77° 33.387′ W. Marker is in Rochester, New York, in Monroe County. Marker is on East Avenue (New York State Route 96) 0.1 miles west of Winton Road, on the right when traveling east. Marker is at Brighton Presbyterian Church. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1775 East Avenue, Rochester NY 14610, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Widewaters Field (approx. one mile away); Cobbs Hill Park / Cobbs Hill (approx. one mile away); Portage Trail (approx. 1.2 miles away); George Eastman House (approx. 1.3 miles away); The West Garden (approx. 1.3 miles away); Seminary - 1845 Indian Landing (approx. 1˝ miles away); Route of Original Erie Canal (approx. 1.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Rochester.
Credits. This page was last revised on March 24, 2018. It was originally submitted on March 24, 2018, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 129 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 24, 2018, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.