Erie in Erie County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Built in 1879 for attorney George DeCamp, the house was sold in 1881 to Arthur O'Donnell. He operated a livery stable next door in the barn of Erie pioneer Juda Colt from 1876 until the barn was razed in 1906 to make way for the firehouse. O'Donnell House was modified for commercial use about 1910.
Erected 1985 by Erie County Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce.
Location. 42° 7.897′ N, 80° 5.105′ W. Marker is in Erie, Pennsylvania, in Erie County. Marker is on French Street south of East 4th Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 412 French Street, Erie PA 16507, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Historic Erie Flagpole (a few steps from this marker); Colt Way (a few steps from this marker); Lafayette Visit (a few steps from this marker); Erie Steam Bakery Boston Store Livery & Garage (within shouting distance of this marker); Don't Give Up the Ship (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Cashier's House (about 400 feet away); Horace Greeley (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Erie.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 5, 2019. It was originally submitted on April 15, 2018, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 122 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 15, 2018, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.