Ozona's First Water Well
At first meeting of Crockett County Commissioners Court, July 22, 1891, under a liveoak near the well, the sheriff was instructed to operate the city water works. At the time, tents housed most homes and stores, and water was hauled from city well--often by children using toy wagons. In a few years homes had private wells and windmills. A modern system piped water throughout the city in the early 1900s.
Erected 1971 by Texas State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 3897.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Natural Resources.
Location. 30° 42.682′ N, 101° 12.033′ W. Marker is in Ozona, Texas, in Crockett County. Marker is on Avenue D. Marker is located in front of the First Baptist Church across the street from the Northeast corner of the Town Square. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 901 Avenue D, Ozona TX 76943, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are
Credits. This page was last revised on May 25, 2018. It was originally submitted on April 19, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Atascocita, Texas. This page has been viewed 140 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on April 19, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Atascocita, Texas. 2. submitted on May 18, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Atascocita, Texas. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.