Jacksonport in Jackson County, Arkansas — The American South (West South Central)
Jackson County Courthouse
Built 1869 - 72
Bricks made at Jacksonport kiln
Restored 1963 -67 by
The Jackson County Historical Society
Opened in 1965 as
The Jacksonport Courthouse Museum
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Government & Politics • Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1963.
Location. 35° 38.407′ N, 91° 18.58′ W. Marker is in Jacksonport, Arkansas, in Jackson County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Washington Street and Avenue Street. Located at Jacksonport State Park. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 318 Washington Street, Newport AR 72112, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Surrender at Jacksonport (within shouting distance of this marker); Jacksonport Civil War Cannon (within shouting distance of this marker); Jackson Guards Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); Jacksonport in the Civil War (about Building the City (about 400 feet away); Welcome to Jacksonport State Park (about 500 feet away); The Port of Jacksonport (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jacksonport.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 20, 2018. It was originally submitted on April 20, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 209 times since then and 61 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 20, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.