Emmanuel Episcopal Church
First Episcopal services in area were at Ft. Concho, 1871. First parish church was built 1888 with aid from Emmanuel Episcopal Church, Baltimore, MD.
This edifice of 1929 has stones and bell from 1884 Tom Green Courthouse and garden wall stones from 1884 Ragsdale Building.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1967
Erected 1967 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 1478.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1929.
Location. 31° 27.745′ N, 100° 26.464′ W. Marker is in San Angelo, Texas, in Tom Green County. Marker is at the intersection of South Randolph Street and West Harris Avenue, on the right when traveling south on South Randolph Street. Marker is located to the right of the front door of the church. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3 South Randolph Street, San Angelo TX 76903, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Crew of "Abbot 27" (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Tom Green County Courthouse (about 600 feet away); Original Tom Green County
Credits. This page was last revised on November 29, 2020. It was originally submitted on April 23, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Humble, Texas. This page has been viewed 142 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on January 2, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Humble, Texas. 2. submitted on November 24, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Humble, Texas. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.