City of London in Greater London, England, United Kingdom
The Bull and Mouth Inn
Site of the
Bull and Mouth
Erected by City of London Corporation.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. In addition, it is included in the UK, England, City of London Corporation series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1888.
Location. 51° 30.984′ N, 0° 5.832′ W. Marker is in City of London, England, in Greater London. Marker is at the intersection of St Martin’s Le Grand and Gresham Street, on the left when traveling north on St Martin’s Le Grand. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1 St Martin’s Le Grand, City of London, England EC1A 4NP, United Kingdom. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Northumberland House (a few steps from this marker); French Protestant Church (a few steps from this marker); Aldersgate (within shouting distance of this marker); The London Wall Walk - 21 (within shouting distance of this marker); The Conversions of the Revs. John and Charles Wesley (within shouting distance Cooks Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); St. Anne & St. Agnes (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named Cooks Hall (about 90 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in City of London.
Also see . . . Bull and Mouth Inn (Wikipedia). "The Bull and Mouth Inn was a coaching inn in the City of London that dated from before the Great Fire of London in 1666. It was located between Bull and Mouth Street (now Postman's Park) in the north and Angel Street in the south. It was once an important arrival and departure point for coaches from all over Britain, but particularly for the north of England and Scotland. It became the Queen's Hotel in 1830 but was demolished in 1887 or 1888 when new post office buildings were built in St Martin's Le Grand." (Submitted on April 24, 2018.)
Additional keywords. Farringdon Within
Credits. This page was last revised on January 27, 2022. It was originally submitted on April 24, 2018, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Lamorinda, California. This page has been viewed 203 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 24, 2018, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Lamorinda, California.